Monday, April 8, 2013

But being green IS easy

This whole thing started the day my dog decided to eat the leftover ham and ham bones in the garbage.

Needless to say, she got sick...really sick.

She puked, she pooped, she peed everywhere. Especially on our nice, brand spanking new carpet in our brand spanking new remodeled basement.

So here we were. Me, about eightish months pregnant, an emotional mess because she had ruined the carpet where I had envisioned family time, tummy time, and bare feet time. My husband, mad as hell because he knew he had to be the one to clean it up. So, I did the only thing I could do. I googled it.

I was not about to put a bunch of chemicals on my new carpet plus I didn't feel like going anywhere to get carpet cleaner or rent one of those huge machines that only leave your carpet wet and smelling worse than what it did with just pee on it.

I came across a remedy of vinegar and baking soda and I think some dish soap. Really? I thought. It could not be this easy. You have to HAVE to have chemicals and you HAVE to spend money for something to actually get the job done right? Wrong

Bingo! No more stains, no more stench.

And then it all got put to rest and not thought about again.

Then I started what I will call "the obsession" If you are about to enter into the world of cloth diapering, don't say I didn't warn you. IT IS ADDICTING.

So here I am now with this new blog and all of its emptiness and I want to write about everything greenish I have done thus far which includes but is not limited to:

Cloth diapers and cloth wipes with a homemade (and sure proof NO diaper rash) solution

homemade shampoo


homemade toothpaste

homemade cleaners

I no longer use laundry detergent or fabric softener yet I have the most soft and most absorbent towels Ive ever had...curious yet?



There is something about having a baby that turned me into a martha stewart wanna be type. I also love to be able to say I know exactly what I'm using to wipe my baby's bottom. No chemicals here!

Combine that with my somewhat addictive and obsessive personality ( some people call it OCD, I guess...who cares) anyway, and I'm just loving being green...and contrary to what one particular frog thinks...It's easy!

I would like to blog about all of these things and many more but I want to hear from readers first. Well, assuming there are readers. hmmm

I'm sure there are people who couldn't care any less about how I made toothpaste for under .13 cents...yes, seriously. But, if you do, I wanna know what you would like to read about first so leave a comment, send a facebook message, or send an email and I will blog about the most requested topic.

Thanx All!

1 comment:

  1. Baking soda and vinegar work wonders! I use both so often when I am cleaning my house.

    ReplyDelete