Saturday, April 13, 2013

The pits

So Ive decided to write about my favorite recipe so far. Deodorant. I know, I guess it is getting pretty personal but if you think about it, it is just your underarms so get over it.
Plus, maybe after you make your own deodorant, you won't have anything to be ashamed of anymore.

Sorry for the short post. I actually had this all typed up earlier on my iphone with a cranky and sleeping baby in my arms that would not let me put him down for a millisecond aaaaannnnnnd....then accidentally deleted it all so here's to hoping I get to post this one


I've always had a problem with deodorants. Problem being that they have never worked. I found myself reapplying all day which in looking back was probably creating an even bigger problem.

So, I was skeptical in making my own deodorant but I gave it a shot

Here it is:

6 T of coconut oil ( this is a base for a lot of my homemade products)
1/4 cup of corn starch
1/4 cup of baking soda
a few drops of tea tree oil ( this has anti fungal properties)
a few drops of lavender oils ( adds a nice light scent to the deodorant)

That's it folks, easy peasy!






This is how it looks. I put mine in the refrigerator for a little bit in a mason jar (which have became my new favorite storage for everything).

I have been using my fingers to put it on but if that freaks you out, you can always shove it down in an old deodorant container. You might have to keep it in the fridge though if you want it to have that nice "store bought" shape. But that's the thing about homemade products, you have to open you mind and realize it isn't going to look the same, feel the same, or taste the same (not the deodorant), but it will be much better for you.

I know now that my problem with deodorant was my body's way of rejecting all those nasty and scary chemicals...like aluminum! I am proud to say that I will never buy deodorant again.

And please, if I've talked you into making your own, tell me about it in a comment or email. I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment