Tuesday, May 14, 2013

No more shampoo. No, really

I'm not kidding and I know it sounds like I'm a crazy hippy freak. But honest to goodness, my hair has never looked better.

So, this movement is called "no poo", I really do hate the term. Its kinda disturbing to me and I change dirty diapers like clockwork. Anyway, google it, its happening. No poo

Instead of using shampoo, you mix 1tbs of baking soda and 1 cup of water. Put this mix in a spray bottle.

Instead of shampoo, you use 1tbs of apple cider vinegar. It has to be Apple cider, not regular vinegar to 1 cup of water.

This is where things get stringy...pun intended.

I did a lot of research before making the switch. You must change to an organic and no yucky chemical shampoo and conditioner FIRST. I used Nature's Gate for a few months. This tip makes the transition easier.

See, everything we have been using for all this time, changes the natural balance of our bodies.

I'm pretty certain every hair problem I've had came from the chemicals I was putting in it as is the problems I was having from underarm sweat was coming from deodorant and bad morning breath...you guessed it...toothpaste. I know this sounds like I'm part of a new cult but try it...seriously. What have you got to lose?

Ok. so back to the topic at hand

Take the spray bottle, spray on the baking soda mixture first. Obviously, there will be no later but pretend like there is.

Rinse is all out.

Spray on apple cider vinegar mix. No, your hair wont smell like a salad but in case you are skeptical like me, add some orange essential oils and poof...problem solved.

Rinse it all out.

Air dry or if your like me (impatient) Air dry half way then blow dry the rest of the way. Then stand in the mirror and look at your hair and then run and show your husband that you look like you just came from the salon but instead you were using items from your pantry to wash your hair. :)

Don't make fun of my $5 sunglasses or my lack of smile. I was up a lot last night with a baby that has teeth coming in and I'm 98% sure has an ear infection,but my mom asked to send her a picture so I will share.

No comments:

Post a Comment